"Not Far from the Tree"
New Year's is a great time for some horn-tooting, so here goes mine! I'm pleased to have had really wonderful opportunities to show and sell my work during 2011. Following is a list of some of these. I'm very grateful to my collectors for their support and encouragement -- and for proving that the economy does not daunt those who value Art. (I myself acquired two paintings, one by Margo Burian and the other by Stuart Shils.)
- "Vieques Vibrante!" Solo Show, Museo Fuerte Conde de Mirasol, Vieques, PR
- "Light on the Land", Solo Show, Frankfort, MI
- "Summer's Day" selected as 2011 Port Oneida Fair Poster, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Artist in Residence, Glen Arbor Art Association
- Studio on Main, Group Show, Frankfort, MI
- Prized painting, Juried Members Show, Oliver Center for the Arts, Frankfort, MI
- Feature article, "Ellie Harold Paints a Good Life After Overcoming Adversity," Benzie County Record Patriot, December 21, 2011
In 2011, I began to focus more on applying my mentoring expertise to the emotional and spiritual challenges faced by artists. I love combining my career experiences to produce new ways to be of service to the Muse. As I do this, I've found my work taking on new dimensions. An intense Master Class with Stuart Shils in June of this year spurred me on to learn more about abstraction. A whole world of inner landscapes has opened up! All in all, I feel deeply satisfied with my work this year and look forward to creating more in 2012.
Have you made your list of efforts and accomplishments yet? It's never too late to give yourself credit for what you've done and to plan for what you'd like to do next! May you also take pleasure in what you've achieved in 2011 and feel free to toot your own horn!